The Home Creamery - A very useful book

Well I was browsing the cookery book section in Waterstones on Saturday - as you do to see what new delights if any they have gracing their shelves, when this book literally leapt off the shelf into my hand and erhm came home with me. Its cal led The Home Creamery by Kathy Farrell-Kingsley and it is a little gem. I quite regularly make my own yogurt - this uses that principle and takes it a step or two further. The ISBN No is 978-1-60342-031-0. It is split into sections:

Part 1 - Cultured Dairy Products

Covers:

Yogurt, Kefir, Butter, Piima Butter, Buttermilk, Creme Fraiche, Quark and Sour Cream.

Part 2 - Soft unripened cheeses

Covers:

Cream Cheese
Cottage Cheese
Ricotta
Goat Cheese
Mozzarella
Mascarpone.

The third section covers recipes using the above mentioned ingredients.

Lets say I am going to be playing a tad in the kitchen and have a go at doing my own. I bought cheesecloth over the weekend in preparation.

I thought I would share

Comments

Popular Posts