2010.04.07 My Day

Well what a beautiful day weather wise. I was up early for me 9.00 a.m. and then proceeded to set too and washed three to four loads of washing and got it all hung out on the line and dried. I love the smell of fresh clean washing when it has been brought in.

It was quiet in the back garden, sun shining, insects flying about minding their own business. It was warm in the sun with a gentle breeze. I opened up my growing houses and checked my seeds they have come up a little more. I then spent a peaceful hour or so sowing some more seeds, some Angelica, Thyme, Globe Artichokes, Yellow Courgettes,Parsley (French plain leaved), Parcel, and Mint.

We then went over to my mums, ostensibly only for an hour or two, but we ended up spending the whole afternoon there. Her television needed tuning in and she didn't know how to do this so OH attended to, and then set about sorting out her computer which was dreadfully slow. It was lovely just to spend time and chat generally. Mind you Missy escaped three times into the street, she found the gap under the gates. I brought some London Pride and some houseleeks as well as a cutting of some mint back with me from Mum's garden. The are all potted up and in the grow house now. She has an Aloe Vera and I have asked her to take a cutting when she can for me as I am forever catching my hands on the oven shelves or cutting my fingers on knifes etc. But it was lovely to spend quality time with my lovely Mum.

We didn't get home till gone half past five. I then went into the garden again and I don't know where the time went. I started to chop down a lilac that has overgrown at the bottom of the garden and also round my bay tree near the back door. Here there were suckers through that needed taking out which I have done. I have managed to loose my glasses in the process. I had a glasses strap on and I think they have got hooked up somewhere. Trouble is I can't see without them and it was too dark to see them properly by the time I came in. I now ache quite a bit, but still have a lot of work to do in the Jungle down the garden. I intend to reclaim it but it is quite a mess. It won't be long before I will need to get my potatoes in, they have started to chit.

The violets are well out in the garden they have self seeded themselves into every nook and cranny and the apple blossom has just started to come out as has the cherry blossom. Spring is definitely here.

We have had a late tea tonight, chicken pieces with sweet chilli dipping sauce. All I had to do was cook the chicken, but it made a change, and it means I have been able to get on with other things in the meantime.

Am now sleepy won't be long before I go on up. I need another early start in the morning as still have loads to do and very little time to do it in as usual.

Take care wherever you are

Pattypan

xx

Comments

  1. What ever you do, do not plant the mint into the soil, keep it in a large pot. We have just dug out mint from 15 ft away from the original plant, it will wander everywhere and its almost impossible to remove when that happens. I have 9 different mints and they are all in pots, it I see the roots coming through the bottom of the pot I cut them off and then repot into a larger pot. Mint wil,l quite happily root in water if left on a sunny window cill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann for the tips. I hadn't appreciated that I could root the mint in a cup of water on the window cill. Thank you for that I now have what were very limp stems standing upright and tall in the glass and have at least another two plants to go in. I have used this method with plant cuttings like African Violets, but hadn't thought to use it this way for the mint. Thanks again. Hope you and Edwin are both okay.

    Take care

    Tricia

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts