For a more traditional doughnut try this easy to make yeast recipe
50g/2ozs plain flour
2 x 5ml spoons(2 tablespoons) caster sugar
1/2 x 5ml spoon/1/2 tesapoon easy blend dry yeast
2 x 15ml spoons (2 tablespoons) warm milk
25g/1 oz melted butter
- Mix together the flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
- Beat in the egg and milk until smooth then beat in the melted butter.
- Cover with a damp cloth and leave in a warm place for approximately 20 minutes (or prove in a microwave on defrost for 1 /2 minutes) until the dough has doubled in size.
- Pre-heat the doughnut maker for 5 minutes,
- Fill mould with 1 x 10 ml spoon (1 dessertspoon) batter into each doughnut hole/mould. Close the lid, lock and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.
Fill or decorate as per the ideas listed under separate section,