Pang Pang Chicken

We have roast chicken for tea tonight together with Jersey Royals, Spring Cabbage, Bread Sauce, Roast sweet potato, cauliflower, peas, carrots and Asparagus (we like our veg and Sunday lunch albeit a day late is always padded out a bit more).

I am back at work tomorrow, so I want something quick to have for tea on Tuesday night using what I have to hand. I have the ingredients for this recipe without having to buy anything in. (Plenty of chicken left overfrom tea tonight) This recipe I haven't tried before but it sounds promising. The quickness of making this also appeals to me and means that I will be able to get on with other bits and bobs without having to do loads of cooking or washing up, like the ironing! I will probably serve this with some jersey royals and a side salad as well as some home made breadbuns


Ingredients:


4 Spring Onions finely chopped
4 tablespoons of Tahini Paste
1 tablespoon white rice vinegar (I am going to use white wine vinegar)
2 teaspoons of English Mustard
400g cooked chicken shredded
375g cucumber shredded
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds to garnish
Handful of pea shoots


Method

  1. In a large bowl mix together the spring onions tahini paste and vinegar and English Mustard then add the chicken and combine well.


  2. Put the cucumber slices on a large plate and toss with the dressed chicken. Finish off with toasted sesame seeds and the pea shoots.
Voila tea is served

Serves 4

Comments

Popular Posts