3 1/2 oz dried milk powder
2 level tablespoons (30ml) natural yoghurt
1 pint water
- You will need a wide necked vacuum flask or a yoghurt maker.
- Sterilise the equipment you use by rinsing in boiling water or using proprietory sterlising tablets (used to sterlise baby bottles).
- Boil the pint of water and allow to cool until it is lukewarm about 115 degrees F.
- Whisk in the dry milk powder and the yoghurt.
- Pour into flask or yoghurt maker.
- Seal flask and leave undisturbed overnight.
- If using a yoghurt maker follow the manufacturers instructions.
- Save 2 tablespoons of yoghurt from each batch to use as a starter in the next batch.
- Every 6 or 7 batches revert to a bought pot of yoghurt as this helps keep the strength of the live bacteria.