2 teaspoon of gelatine
425 ml single cream
1/2 a vanilla pod or 1/4 teaspoon good vanilla essence
- Put 30ml of water in a bowl and sprinkle over the gelatine.
- Put the cream and sugar into a saucepan, cut the vanilla pod in half scrape out the seeds (or add vanilla essence); add to the saucepan and bring to the boil. Stir in the gelatine mixture and keep stirring until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Divide the mixture between 4 x 125 ml moulds (ramekins or tea cups can be used or little jelly moulds).
- Put in the fridge and leave overnight.
- Then turn out of the mould onto a plate.
- Serve with fruit or compote of your choice.
Something that is very simple but oh so good.