2oz blanched almonds cut into slivers
1lb Apricots quartered and stoned
4 oz caster sugar
1 pint of Brandy
- Put the almonds on some tin foil, place in a grill pan and gently roast until lightly toasted.
- In a jar put layers of quartered stoned Apricots , then a layer of the hot toasted almonds and sugar alternately.
- Cover the with the Brandy and stir the mixture then put on the lid. Leave overnight in a cool dark place.
- For a period of four days tilt the jar upside down and then back again unti all the sugar has dissolved, or basically shake it every time you go by it.
- Label the bottle or jar and then leave for approximately 3 months . Strain the Brandy through a coffee filter to remove any sediment that may have formed and strain into a fresh bottle or if going to serve into a clean decanter.
Serve the fruit and almonds with fresh cream, cream fraiche or ice cream.
Serve the liqueur in little tiny liqueur glasses.
Cherries can be used in place of the Apricots.