Dried Apricot Jam (For Anne - Silver Sewer)

Ingredients

1 1/2lb dried apricots
4 pints water
4lb granulated or preserving sugar
2oz almonds (blanched and halved)

Method

Wash the apricots and leave to soak in 4 pints of water for 48 hours. (I would be inclined to cut into little pieces)

Turn apricots and soaking liquor into a preserving pan then bring slowly to the boil; then add the warmed sugar.  Stir gently until the sugar has completely dissolved then boil hard for about an hour.   Test for set as per usual.  Add the almonds to the pan 10 minutes before the end of cooking time.

Pour into warm dry jars cover and tiedown when cold.

Recipe taken from Cordon Bleu Preserving

Hope this helps

Tricia

xx

Comments

  1. I don't see why not. I would only use half the ingredients though. When I use fresh fruit I use a maximum of 1 kg in fresh fruit (I think you could use a little more and then just use the machine for the final stages of the cooking. You need to do the soaking etc before hand. I use 10 minute increments in playing with a recipe, but one thing I have noticed is that the jam pan brings the jam along a lot better than a maslin pan and a lot quicker. Do all the pre work and then just finish it off, as I have said I would cut the apricot into small pieces rather than leaving it whole so that the apricot is evenly distributed through the preserve.

    Hope this helps

    Tricia

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts