Wild Plum Vodka


Well I got the wild plums so now I need to use them to best effect and I think this is one recipe where the ingredients really do shine through.

Ingredients

Small wild plums
1 litre bottle of vodka
Sugar for sweetening

Method

Choose a large glass jar with a sealable lid which will take a litre of vodka
A quantity of wild plums

  1. Sterilise your chosen jar.
  2. To each wild plum using a cocktail stick pierce a couple of times per plum at least preferably more.
  3. Pop into your jar.
  4. Pour over spirit.
  5. You can at this point add sugar as well but I an conscious that I don't want anything too sweet with this mixture to start with as the plums are very sweet, so I thought I would let the plums steep and then taste after a couple of months steeping and then add the sugar.  Use the fruit drained and served with some ice cream or cream or coat in chocolate and eat as a sweetmeat.

Enoy the liqueur and enjoy the fruit however you wish to serve it

Comments

Popular Posts