Storytelling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWk6L9T5-es 

I love stories I have done since I was very little.  The menfolk of the family being extremely gifted in spinning a good yarn and me growing up with the ritual of the nightly fairy story or tales of local legend and King Arthur and the Knights of the round table.  Or even  made up stories like flying a magic carpet over Egypt.  There being one thing that these stories always inspired your own imagination and place to escape.  I still get very involved when I read however I do like medieval mysteries and modern day good story telling of days gone by whether by the written word or in song format.  This particular piece I am very partial to as it is a story in its self but also a well known musical piece that I remember from my childhood.  Its very haunting and gentle and speaks of a gentler age and lets the imagination wander.  Imagination is a great thing as it feeds our creativity and feeds our soul.  This version is the older version performed by Libera. I hope you enoy it too. 

When a knight won his spurs in the stories of old
He was gentle and brave he was gallant and bold
With a shield on his arm and a lance in his hand
For God and for valour he rode through the land

No charger have I, and no sword by my side
Yet still to adventure and battle I ride
Though back into storyland giants have fled
And the knights are no more and the dragons are dead

Let faith be my shield and let joy be my steed
Against the dragons of anger the ogres of greed
And let me set free with the sword of my youth
From the castles of darkness the power of truth



Comments

  1. I like the verse but I haven't come across it before. My mum was a good storyteller, my bedtime stories all came out of her head. It's a talent I've not inherited though I wish I had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there was a like button just so you know, i like this.;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that. I also love anything pertaining to medieval times, it just speaks to me. I also think Libera is amazing. Wonderful post...and Happy October, Tricia!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts