Lemon Curd Brulee

I love puddings every so often OH not that bothered so he says but soon eats them if I produce them.

This is a nice quick recipe and one that is easily prepared from a jar of lemon curd.  If it is homemade lemon curd so much the better (but why not ring the changes by making lemon and lime, grapefruit, lime, raspberry,strawberry curds etc etc etc).  Its nice to have a simple recipe to make from a simple home made preserve.

Ingredients:

568 ml carton iof double cream
200g/8oz jar lemon curd
4-5 tablespoons of icing sugar

  1. In a large bowl whisk the cream with either an electric or hand whisk until the cream just holds its shape.  Stir in the lemon curd and then split the mixture between 6 ramekins and smooth down the tops.  Chill for at least an hour or overnight if you prefer.
  2. Preheat the grill.  Sift a thin layer of icing sugar over each ramekin.  Grill the mixture in the ramekins for 2 to 3 minutes. Alternatively use a Chefs blow torch until the sugar has caramelised.  Serve immediately.

Comments

  1. I'm drooling at the thought of these Tricia, I love anything lemony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lemons too and I thought it would cheer up these bitterly cold days we are having. Okay the cream is fattening but a little indulgence now and then does the spirits good.

    Glad to see you back - take care

    Pattypan (aka Tricia)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds gorgeous and defintely not the thing to be reading about an hour before I go to get weighed at what my daughter calls 'Fat Club':) I don't think I've ever tried making lemon curd, must have a go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts