I first came across this recipe on one of the Waitrose Cooking cards and have used it ever since
100g fresh white breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 tsp paprika
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Pack chicken, thighs or drumsticks
4 tablespoons plain seasoned flour
2 medium eggs beaten
3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C gas mark 6.
- In a flat dish mix together the breadcrumbs, herbs, spices and seasoning.
- Coat the chicken portions in the seasoned flour then dip in the beaten egg, and coat thoroughly with the breadcrumb mixture and place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with the oil and bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes turning once so that the chicken gets evenly cooked until the crumb is crisp and the chicken is cooked thoroughly and there is no pink meat and the juices run clear.
- Serve with Rosemary, Onion and Garlic Roast potatoes, a side salad and sweet chilli or tomato sauce to serve.
Lick ya lips this is delicious and tasty and ideal when the family pay a visit