Patchwork

Of all the crafts, patchwork is the one that I want to get my head round. I have had little goes at doing bits and bobs but the truth is I am not that good at measuring and cutting with a rotary cutter.  I don't have much room to play either, so am hoping that this is one of the crafts I will be able to get my head around once the craft room is up and running.  One day I would like to be able to make a proper bed quilt.  That's the dream as I love the colour and patterns and infinite combinations. The reality is that I know that I will have to start with little projects. 


Whilst sorting a drawer out the other day I found some patchwork paraphernalia that I had bought at some point.  One of these is a diamond shape.  Funnily enough I saw a baby's pram set in the charity shop the other day that consisted of a star made of the diamond shapes.  So I may well start with some of these using some Christmas fabric to make some early decorations.  Will have to see how things go, but it would be something small and quick to start with.  I am one of these people who fare better if I am actually shown by someone else what to do rather than try and work from written instructions.


My friend Anne (Silver Sewer) who has moved up to Scotland introduced me to the Fabric Guild Warehouse Kisco which is in Leicester.  Anne does some very beautiful needlework.  The fabric is so reasonable in price and had lots of bits and bobs.  I hope to be able to go there again soon.  I may attempt to go on the train on my own or with another crafty friend and then get a taxi to the store to stock up again.  I just love fabric and always see so many possibilities with it,  Will have to see how things go.


I really would like to get to grips with this.


Take care 


Pattypan


xx

Comments

Popular Posts