2011.05.15 My Day

Sorry haven't been around very much this week - I feel a little out of sorts - can't quite put my finger on it, but do not have much energy my get up and go seems to have got up and left.  Very frustrating as there is lots I want to tackle lots I want to do and I am getting fed up to boot.  But then I am a kinda glass half full girl rather than glass  being empty and I have just changed what I was going to do into smaller achievable projects so on a practical basis I have achieved something.

The weather hasn't been particularly warm today been very chilly.  Had to have the heating on again last night, even the cats haven't  tarried very much and have been glad to be in and snuggled down in their favourite spots.  I suspect if I had a fire I would have a heap of cats and a dog to fight to get anywhere near. But they are happy enough and that is the main thing. I am trying to type this one-handed at the moment as Squeak has decided it was about time that she had her evening fuss and is desperately trying to shift my computer off my lap.  Very determined when she wants something.

I have pottered about doing small jobs, like scrubbing some shoes and making them nice and presentable again,  general washing and a little ironing - still have heaps to do but tomorrow is another day.

Have had a lovely tea tonight, roast rolled lamb, mashed potatoes, roast sweet potato cubes, roast potatoes roast parsnip, mixed veg consisting of broccoli, carrot, cauliflower and spring cabbage with lots of gravy - very tasty.

For pudding we have had English strawberries and single cream - yet again scrummy.

Hopefully I'll feel a lot more with it during the course of the week.  I have to go to the hospital on Thursday for further tests (Gastroenterology Department) which I am not particularly looking forward to.  I also have to ring my Consultant's secretary tomorrow to make an appointment to find out the results of the recent MRI scan.  I am hoping that they will be able to make me a lot more comfortable than I am and have been.  Fingers crossed.

Will not be long before I am going up the wooden stairs to Bedfordshire - will be warmer under the quilts where I can snuggle and relax.

Take care and keep safe catch up with you all again soon.

Pattypan

xx

Comments

  1. I'm sorry you aren't feeling very good, this cold weather won't be helping any, it's miserable when it's cold and I don't like the wind either. Hope all goes well with your tests later this week, the thought of those can't be cheering you up very much but by weekend they'll be done and hopefully you'll be on the way to getting help with your problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you're feeling under the weather Tricia, hope today's a better day for you.
    Fingers crossed for the MRI results.
    It was cold on Saturday evening here, I weakened and put on the heating (unheard of!).
    Salivating at your Sunday meal - as usual :o)
    Best wishes
    Rose H
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that you're not feeling up to par. Hopefully it will pass soon and you'll find your energy again :)

    Thinking of you and hoping that the Dr.'s appt's will go well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you okay Tricia? Missed 'seeing you' this week.
    Best wishes
    Rose H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am okay Rose - have to undergo some further testing - but that's part for the course, have to have an anaesthetic to knock me out to have an endoscopy and I am also being tested for wheat allergy as apparently that can cause problems with inflammation with arthritis etc. Just the depth that varies - but I try and keep smiling, Nil Desperandum and all that. Hope you are okay too.

    Hugs

    Pattypan
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts