The Mending Pile

I have quite a bit of mending work to do as various outfits need a little touch up here and there.  I have a few cotton summer skirts of the ethnic variety that are really lovely to wear but the elastic always goes well saggy after a couple of washes.  There's nothing wrong with the material or skirt itself but when the skirts were made they were given the deep elastic which is stitched in and I have therefore got to manage to re-route some elastic to tighten the waistbands up.  It doesn't help that I have lost inches off my waist too.  I don't at present have the funds to replace them, so its make do and mend time. I have several skirts of this ilk to prepare - I have some elastic already but I think I may have to go and get some more as I don't think I am going to have enough to complete them all.  After all money is tight and you have to make the most of what you have at the present and besides another outfit is another outfit.

I also have a couple of pairs of trousers to mend where the zips have gone and in one instance re-stitch the back seam in a pair where the stitching had not been secured properly. I think the overlocker will be coming out for this as it gives such a fast secure job.  I also have a brand new pair of trousers that I bought cheaply but they were the wrong length so I have to take them up too.  I also promised Eve my friend that I would take a dress up for her she is only dinky and the dress made for a taller person is gorgeous, but its like an evening dress on her so I have measured her up and pinned the dress  - I think I will be in the craft room over the weekend with the machine out sorting this out for her.  I also have lots of sewing to do in the pipeline mostly for the house but I also want to get some bits and bobs prepared for Christmas presents this year it will be nice to get to grips with things early rather than be in a last minute panic. That has been one of the reasons for re-organising my books this week is that I have all the craft books together (the ones I have out) and all the cookery books so it should be easier to locate the things I know are there.  Well that's the plan anyway.


Looks like I am going to be busy


Catch you soon.


Pattypan


x

Comments

Popular Posts