Souper Mix

I made this recipe for the first time just after receiving the Preserves book by Pam Corbin  from River Cottage not long after it was first published.  It has been a fixture on my pantry shelf ever since and very useful in the kitchen for making gravies, adding to sauces  it gives a really good base. I am not a fan of stock cubes in a mug of hot water but this was very palatable indeed as a quick warm me up instead of a tea or a coffee.   All you do is put a couple of teaspoons or more into a mug and top up with boiling water. I always make double the quantity of the recipe and it never seems to last that long or perhaps its me uses too much of it; but I like this to hand in my batterie de cuisine so to speak as you can do so much with it.  After all cooking is about adding layers of flavour to whatever dish you cook or make

Here's a link here to the recipe Souper Mix

Its well worth making some as it has so much flavour and the flavour changes as to what vegetables you use and it is very easily made.

Pattypan


x

Comments

Popular Posts