2012.01.08 My Day

I was up early for me today and took advantage to type up some posts yet to come.  I then started on the lime marmalade, [please see separate post]; this is dripping through the jelly net as we speak and it will get finished off tomorrow evening, but it will be later on tomorrow night as I am going out for a while tomorrow evening.  It is just a matter of adding the sugar to the strained liquid and then boiling until a set is achieved and then bottling up.   I have taken photos on OH's camera as still cannot locate mine and will have to download them later on.  I am hoping to get about 4 or 5 jars as I did a double batch of the lime marmalade.

I have also made a bread and butter pudding from the Pannetone my brother bought me for Christmas and I have only used about one-third of the Pannetone.  We haven't had that yet as we were both stuffed after the main part of our meal but will have a little later with stewed purple plums  (some that I bottled during last year).  [I am having mine with cinnamon sugar (again home made) OH is not too keen on cinnamon]

For our Mains we have had roast chicken, bread sauce, sage onion and sausagemeat stuffing, roast potatoes, roast parsnip, roast sweet potato with rosemary, flowering broccoli, carrots, peas and lashings of gravy (I didn't do the Yorkshire puds as I thought we had more than enough).  It was very tasty.

Well I am not quite sure where the weekend has gone it seems to have gone really quickly - I am back at work again tomorrow.

Look after yourselves and keep well

Catch up soon

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I like so to read your blog thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading Alette. I am so pleased you enjoy my ramblings.

    Take care

    Pattypan

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're going to make marmalade this week for the first time!

    Will take photos & keep our fingers crossed!

    Kay :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay and Sime

    I have just updated the Lime Jelly Marmalade recipe. Just take your time with it and I am sure it will turn out great.

    Enjoy

    Pattypan

    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts