2012.01.29 My Day So far

I didn't get up very early this morning and my dream didn not continue from yesterday's rude awakening.  When I did get up I had a sprawl in my jim jams on the settee with a hot mug of tea and I then went blog hopping.  I found a tutorial on patchwork that I got quite into and which has inspired me to have a bash at some of the projects i.e. squares to do a sampler quilt.  It was a video tutorial and what I saw I was very impressed with.  Time flew whilst I was having fun and then real life kicked into play and OH delivered a bacon sarnie with a nice hot cup of tea.  I then got a wriggle on and got baking.

I have made two loaves of the Brack  they are cooling on the freezer at the moment but they look and smell very nice.  I then made two loaves of the malt loaf that I have made before, and it smells delicious too.  Both these recipes were cooked in the oven together with two x 2lb loafs on each shelf and took about 2 hours or thereabouts at Gas Mark 3.  I am well chuffed with both of them, but before I can sample them they have to be wrapped for a couple of days in order to mellow.  Photos to follow in a couple of days but both these recipes are going on the baking agenda on a regular basis.  At this present time I don't know if the spares of each loaf will make it to the freezer!

I have also made another Pannetone Bread and Butter pudding this time with some of my home made Seville Orange marmalade spread all over and then home made egg custard with nutmeg poured all over. There is still a load of Pannetone left so will be having that in a week or so too. It is all safely wrapped up in foil in the pantry.

The haggis is in the oven roasting and the swede and potato are in the steamer busy cooking. I have decided that I am going to add a little Curly Kale to the meal as well, which hopefully will be ready soon.

Since writing the above we have eaten tea and delicious it was too.  Now all I have to do is do the washing up!

Take care

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. so glad you are having a go at the quilting xx Taking advantage of being able to post a comment xx blogger can be very tempremental!!constri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane - blogger is a b.....r and so temperamental and inconsistent. I am tentatively sticking my toe in the water to see how I get on as I am not terribly proficient with the rotary cutter.

    Take care

    Pattypan

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great day :o)
    Now, congratulations are in order Tricia - I'm pleasedto say that you've won the tole ware hook from my giveaway!
    If you would please email me your address details please I will get your prize off to you.
    Rose H
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts