I just had to Play

As I have mentioned in previous posts I have had the fidgets the past few days and not really able to settle to anything.  I came across the Christmas cards that I have taken down and in the spirit of waste not want not, I have started converting some of them into gift tags in readiness for next Christmas and some for using my own Christmas cards.   Quite a few of my relatives make their own cards and a beautiful job they do of them too.  I only hope I can create something as lovely.  My only concern at having a go this early on in the New Year is that I will put everything somewhere safe and then not be able to find them. (Unfortunately I seem to do this on a regular basis)  I think I am going to need a large polybox to stop that happening so will have to look out for one in the next few weeks or so.

I can hear some of you say oh no, not already, but due to my experiences this past year I thought that if I did a little and often on the craft front at least that way on I am going to have the pleasure of playing and creating and having some things put by prepared in readiness with next to little incurred by way of outlay.  It is also in the earlier months in the year that I have more time available to me, so rather than waste it I am starting how I mean to go on.  I also hope to do some more beadwork tree decorations, heirlooms in the making and possibly get one or two simple beaded presents made.  Well that's the plan anyway.

Specifically  I have come across a lot of craft projects on line,  including some felt garlands, Scandinavian type decorations and little bits and pieces that I want to have a go at.  I have plenty of materials in the back bedroom.   Bearing in mind that I had intended to have a major couple of craft days whilst I was off before Christmas for creating which did not materialise due to one reason or another I plan to put up what I can where I can.  Its actually the crafting, creating and the playing which I get the most enjoyment out of as I love things to look nice and their best.

Well at least I have made the proverbial start - the rest is now in the hands of the future.

Catch you soon

Pattypan

x



Comments

  1. its NEVER too soon to start...have FUN xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Pattypan!

    We always use our old cards to make tags & cards for the following year - we put them with our decorations, so we know where they are...

    Look forward to seeing the decorations!

    Kay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diane, Kay and Sime

    I have done quite a few of the cards but have lost the camera - I was going to take some photos and post them. Camera is somewhere safe not sure where at the moment - I know it is not in its case. I hope I find it before long.

    Take care everyone and to tell you the truth I enjoyed my play

    Pattypan

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts