2012.02.05 My Day

I was up early this morning as it was planned that mother would come to dinner and spend the day with us.  Demetri insisted on going out and was totally funny - he wasn't keen on the snow but went hopping out over next doors shed leaving a trail of footprints in virgin snow.  He wasn't out long and retreated under the garden table until I called him in.

Because of the heavy snow fall last night and the fact that she lives some 15 miles outside of Peterborough in Lincolnshire; and taking into account that they had had more snow than us; mum decided to play safe and stay at home.  I was bitterly disappointed for her as dinner was all prepped and ready to go.  It was done to be sensible, but being sensible sucks at times. I have asked my mum not to go out in this weather but to stay in as we don't want her having a fall; she has to walk with a frame in any event.

We subsequently had roast rib of beef,mashed potato, mashed swede and carrot, roast potatoes, roast parsnip, roast sweet potato, green runner beans, broccoli and yorkshire pudding with lashings of gravy and horseradish sauce and very tasty it was too.

The rest of the day I have been engaged pottering sorting out the jam store and the table and also the pantry as well as finishing off the washing and drying.

We still have deep snow outside although it is starting to thaw but it is freezing cold and I think there will be ice in the morning so things could be a bit tricky. There is also a little fog.  I always have the option of walking in if things are too bad.

Wherever you are please take care, keep warm and keep safe.

Catch up soon

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Sorry your Mom missed out, as you say it sucks! Better to be safe though, I wish my Mom would take notice - I keep asking her to stay in and then she rings me up and tells me that she's just got back from one of the local shops, if I point out that she could fall she gets really stroppy and tells me she hasn't fallen yet! I give up sometimes.
    Your roast sounds fabulous, and never fails to make my mouth water....
    Keep warm and safe too.
    Rose H
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pattypan,

    We've not had any snow here :( Though as much as I'd love some, we were very lucky to make it home before the rest of the country got covered!

    It is cold though...

    Hope it's not too treacherous for you!

    Have a good week.

    Kay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep safe, with the snow. We are v. cold but just rain, which we can cope with, though the house is perishing and we are living in the sitting room again, as we had to last winter. I hope your mum is able to visit you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts