Starting the Garden

I have tentatively started with some bits for this year's garden.  I have bought two dahlia's for two of my garden tubs called Arabian Night a lovely Crimson red dahlia although the instructions say not to be planted out whilst there is still a risk of frost. So even though I have the Dahlias it will probably be the end of April beginning of May before they are planted out.

I have also bought twenty sets of "Rooster" potatoes for the garden which are currently set to chit in the bathroom window.  I intend this weekend to set some mustard and cress and mixed salad leaf lettuce, and start off some tomatoes and some chives all for the bathroom windowsill to start with.  I might also plant some herbs as well, but before I really get going I need to get the covers for the mini greenhouses before I set too much.

OH has indicated that we are going to set about the garden again this weekend weather permitting; with what little we managed to do last weekend at least we can see where we are going.  I am going to see if he will mend my cold frame as well.  Hopefully we will be able to get stuck in and get a load more done which will be a job well done in the greater plan of things.

Catch up soon

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I love this time of the year but it's also a busy time with the garden. We are hoping to plant our 1st eary potatoes soon and I need to finish digging the patch where the carrots and beetroot are to be sown. Hope you get your jobs done this weekend...busy, busy. Bye for now. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts