Sunday Evening Round Up

Why is it you just get into a weekend and its time to go back to work again.  Deep sigh!

Well it's been a lovely day here in Peterborough and it has been nice to have a lot lighter evening all round.  I am weary after attacking the garden, (still have a long way to go) cooking tea and doing all the washing and getting it dry.  Tea was just the ticket the roast pork and crackling came up lovely and we had cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, roast potatoes, peas with lashings of gravy and home made apple sauce.  I then had pancakes with cinnamon sugar, apple sauce and cream for pudding and they were very tasty.  So that was tea over with for this weekend.  Still so much to do I really do have to get a wriggle on this week.

I still have the cold, and I seem to have got rid of the icky symptoms I had towards the latter end of the week.  Being out in the fresh air has helped with the cold, at least it is not as bad as it was.

I didn't get to my sewing machine this weekend but intend to try and have a go next week.  I have lots to do, some tablecloths, cushion covers, chair pads, patchwork throws but I may be going back into town on Tuesday to see if I can find any more material for projects for the rest of the house.  At £5 for three metres of over 60 wide upholstery fabric it is well worth the look.   I also want to get my Nan's stool finished.  Thing is if you have the fabric you can get on with things when you have enough time or even a moderate amount of time to start something.

Once the bedroom is completed its the turn of the lounge.  I thought if  do the front of the house first then that is literally half the house completed  and I can then start working towards the back.  I'll get there in the end -  I usually do.

Its thick fog out there at the moment and just a sliver of a moon so be careful on the roads first thing.

Anyway I am off to potter - I have to get my hair washed in readiness for work tomorrow and get my clothes organised.

I hope your day has been a good one I won't be long before I hit the deck.

Sleep tight take care

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. We've had lovely warm weather this weekend - it's been great to eat outside!

    Have a good week!

    K&S xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you; its been lovely here but the wind has been a little cold in places, although saying that I did strip my jumper off earlier on when we were tackling part of the brambles as I got a tad overheated! Mind you I have found you are nearly always a couple of degrees warmer down in Cornwall than we are here in Peterborough. Glad you have been able to get in the fresh air for a little while.

    Take care

    Pattypan

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had a busy weekend! The sunshine and longer hours of daylight seem to give you more energy and enthusiasm don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tricia...I don't like to be rude (or be on the receiving end) but you force me to do so; you MUST invite me to dinner when I'm there! :) It all sounds delicious, as always. I love to hear about your projects and good to hear you're keeping busy. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts