Wednesday, 4 April 2012

Good Evening

Last night I went to bed early for me; it was cold and wet and off I trundled up the wooden stairs to Bedfordshire; all the animals were in safe and sound.  At 5.30 a.m. I had to get up to come downstairs and noticed that a certain cat had escaped the house. I have to keep the bathroom and toilet doors closed but I think OH had been down and not closed the door and so the ratbag escaped. He has developed this habit of rattling the window catch and working on it until he can escape.  Me thinks he should be called Houdini - and they say that cat's aren't clever.

At 5.30 a.m. precisely there is me hanging out of the little bathroom window calling the cat.  No answer so I went to the back door and down the garden in my dressing gown (not a pretty sight) ; it was chucking it down.  I called him, I could hear him he was calling back but would the little ratbag come in - no not on your nelly.  He thought it was great japes to get mum out in the rain getting wet and refusing to come in.  I was not impressed.  I ended up going back in and just leaving the window open for him to come into the dry. 

When I got up no sign of the cat.  I subsequently trundled off to work and by the time I got home this evening OH had not seen him all day.  It has been tipping it down with rain all day - we need the water, but it has now been raining for 24 hours more or less non stop.  As I had to be out tonight to the Fellowship at 6.05 pm I decided to have one quick call and in it comes running; moaning all the time becuase it is still raining .  In for his tea and then expecting out again.  He has been confined to barracks this evening whilst I have been out he has been  kept in the warm.  I do not intend fro him to go out again this evening. He is currently perched on the settee appearing to be dozing.  Butter would not melt and all that.  Little Tyke.

Fellowship was good again this evening and it has been a busy night.  It was lovely to meet up with my friends again, even if only just for a brief while and we had a very good Medium demonstration by Val Morrison.  Very entertaining and good quality messages.

As I did not manage to get any tea I have had a quick sandwich some crisps and a glass of drink,  I am now going to go and get myself snuggled under the quilt and get myself warm with my hotty bottie and hopefully some decent shut eye.  I have an early start in the morning as I have to walk.  I am praying to the Weather Angel to hold off the rain whilst I walk to work.

Sweet Dreams everyone wherever you may be.

Nighty Night




  1. Glad your kitty came back safely & hope you don't get wet in the morning!

    Sleep well!

    Kay :)

  2. Glad puss came home (eventually) safe and sound. Sid has selective hearing too!
    Hope it's dry for you in the morning as a wake up walk in the rain is not always welcome :o(
    Night, night stay warm and snug.
    Rose H

  3. Hehe Hottie bottie is that your pet name for hubby;-)

  4. Hi Shagrat I will keep you guessing on that one




Thank you for popping by. I love to receive comments and to make new friends so please say Hi. Pattypan

Meet the Moggies

  • Merlin (approx 18 months)
  • Squeak (approx 2 years)
  • Poppy (approx 16 years)
  • Tyson (approx 17 years)
  • Tinky (official name Clover approx 18 years)