Followers

Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Charity shop find and recycling or reusing

I love antique shops, bric-a -brac stores, market stalls, flea markets car boots and I enjoy a good rummage.  Haven't been for  look around for quite some time but last week I succumbed and popped into the local British Heart Foundation shop literally a straight in straight out, spotted something that looked interesting - the price definitely was £6.99 and it was crotchet lace.  It was only when I got it home and had more of an inspection that I realised how large it was 80 x 80 inches and in excellent nick no staining and quite frankly a very lovely cloth - I do hope you agree.  I am well chuffed with it.  It would appear to be a lovely tulip design too.  Now all I need to do is to find some nice second hand cotton and make some very plain simple knapkins to go with them.  Even if It hadn't been in such condition I would have found a way to recyle the item into something useful.









This was laid out over my two seater settee and it swamped it.  Needless to say I am extremely chuffed with my vintage find and it will look lovely over my big pine farmhouse table especially I think for Christmas or for High tea.  Bit of an old fashioned girl me

Catch you soon

Pattypan

xx

2 comments:

  1. Didn't you do well? That obviously had your name on it and was just waiting for you to come into the shop! Nothing wrong with being old fashioned - I am too : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by. I love to receive comments and to make new friends so please say Hi. Pattypan

Meet the Moggies

  • Merlin (approx 18 months)
  • Squeak (approx 2 years)
  • Poppy (approx 16 years)
  • Tyson (approx 17 years)
  • Tinky (official name Clover approx 18 years)