Makes approximately 16 biscuits
Ingredients:8 sheets of rice paper
2 large egg whites
100g/4 oz ground almonds
175g/6oz caster sugar
25g/1oz ground rice
few drops of almond essence
16 blanched almonds
icing sugar to dust
- Preheat your oven to Gas mark 2/150 degrees C/Fan 130 degrees C.
- Line 2 baking trays with the rice paper (I have used greased greaseproof in the past)
- Place 2 tsp egg white in a bowl and set aside.
- Place remaining egg white in a clean bowl (bowl needs to be grease free otherwise meringue will not form properly) whisk until soft peaks are achieved. Fold in the ground almonds, caster sugar ground rice and almond essence.
- Place heaped teaspoonfuls of the mixture on the lined baking trays making sure that they are evenly spaced then brush each almond with the reserved egg white and then place one into each biscuit.
- Bake for around 25 minutes until pale golden. Cool slightly on the trays. Tear off the excess rice paper and cool on a wire rack. Dust with icing sugar before serving.