Morning Everyone

I don't know what it is but now I don't need to get up in the morning to go to work I am waking up still at the same time and not being one to linger unnecessarily I got myself up, have fed the menagerie, had some breakfast and am currently kitchen bound sorting and cleaning.  I like to be clean (although I am not necessarily tidy) and I always pay particular attention to the kitchen and the bathroom so a good scrub out every couple of weeks keeps on top of everything, so although hard work it is in my book very much a necessary evil.  I had a play day yesterday and I could quite easily just play today - I am on holiday but the sooner I get the kitchen done then I will be able to play and do what I really want to do.  Ah well such is life.

I went tootling round Pinterest last night and found lots of ideas for projects that I would like to have a go at in due course.  Most are Christmas orientated and I must admit I am a big kid when it comes to Christmas but you don't have to pay through the nose for it. Long gone are the days when we put ourselves into hock for Christmas. I buy extras in from September - I have a Christmas store of goodies.  That might range from some simple cake decorations, dried fruit, or a fancy box of chocolates that has been on offer but they go into the big red box (literally) in readiness for the Christmas cooking and so when it comes to both time and money it is not going to be such a shock to the system  come pay day at the beginning of December as much of what I buy in is used through the year anyway. I have found that buying a few bits at a time saves me when it comes to the shopping in time and money and ensures I get those specific ingredients in advance of the Christmas rush.  If you carefully watch the sell by dates on everything you buy you will often find that things will last through to next March or so.  So watch the sell by dates carefully and watch the prices. My biggest problem all round is that I don't seem to get enough time to do what I really would like to do, but hey we have to make the most of what we have and a little effort makes all the difference.

Catch up with you all later on - hopefully minus the marigolds this time.

Take care

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts