After seeing last night in quietly by myself with a drink of something to toast in the new year I ended up getting to bed by about 1.00 am. Although the fireworks had started with a vengence at around 10 pm and had upskittled the animals.
But today is the first day in a new year a blank page to be slowly filled up with things, that we do things that we experience places we go people we get to know creating memories. A whole year's worth to fill up and that in itself creates optimism, curiousity, apprehension all because of the new broom that is rushing through. But it also creates excitement new ground to discover new experiences from which to learn from. Fingers crossed toes plaited that it is going to be a good year for everyone.
I am not going to make any resolutions though - I have lots of things that I want to try and achieve and lots of Work In Progress (WIP) but equally I want to be able to do those under my own steam without feeling pressurised and then beating myself up if as a result I end up failing. Too much negativity that can bog you down in the minutae of life So I thought I would work with things one at a time and try and pace myself a little more than I have been doing. Take smaller bite sized manageable attempts at things perhaps then I will get through things a lot quicker than I have been doing. Some of the things that I want to do are:
- Learn to drive. (I have been as far as having my own car before and having lessons) so I am a little anxious
- Get more organised, routines etc.
- Try and do a baking day once a week (even though am working full time) and stock up the freezer.
- Get back to a simpler way of life. Concentrate on what is important. The rest will sort itself out.
- Start a veggie garden and a fruit garden. Have been trying to do this for a while maybe this will be the year it happens
- Use my Reiki far more than I am doing at present.
- Finish off the UFO's with the craft and needlework etc.
- Make my first quilt.
- Try to eat more seasonally.
- Do more preserving.
- Keep my friendships up
- Appreciate what I have.
- Make more of the time that I do have
- Sort the clutter both physically and emotionally.
I am back to work tomorrow so will come back to you as and when I can.