Weekend Roundup

I have had a very quiet weekend this weekend  - still not a hundred per cent from he flu and the chest infection and so I have taken things easy for a change.  I had the luxury of a lay in yesterday - quite a long one for me which was sheer indulgence.  Yesterday evening I started one of my UFOs a spiral scarf that I had started a little while back this one in rainbow marled wool.  I have four on the go and I had run out of wool on all of them.  A couple I have not been able to find any wool to match (I had used what was in my leftover stash) and I intend to get a toning colour to go with them so that I can also finish them off and then then can go into my chest of drawers so that I can use them in due course.  I will show some photos when I get them all finished - have a UFO post for the year so that I can look back to see what I have achieved during the year.

Today I have not done much either.   We walked Missy earlier on and gave her a good run.  The river is still swollen though and part of the intervening bank has nearly disappeared and the water is extremely high. I do not see the river on a day by day basis  so I had no idea how high it is most concerning.

I have been doing a lot of Internet surfing today, doing research for future projects and learning things along the way.  It is good to learn keeps the little old grey cells ticking along.  I have also been watching a series of programmes on TV about Tutankhamun which have been very interesting.

This evening we have had a bit of a disaster for some unknown reason the upright freezer has partially defrosted - and we have lost a fair bit of meat which is not funny.  Will have to see how things go.

I am late to work tomorrow morning as I have to go for blood tests at the GP in readiness for my forthcoming appointment at the hospital at the end of the month.  I do not like going for bloods at the best of times so am not looking forward to this one little bit.

Right upwards and onwards catch you all again soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Glad you've taken it easy over the weekend - that blasted chest infection takes some shifting, grrr!
    I'll think of you in the morning...I'm due for a blood test too tomorrow :o(
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Rose H
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that a defrosting freezer is one of my biggest fears ...I would cook everything up into meals and refreeze ... if I had a working one still ..hope you managed not to have too much waste.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts