Sourdough Experiment

I have decided to have a go at making some sourdough bread - never had a go at this before so it could well be something of a disaster.  However I have found a very timely post from my point of view  here

 http://www.josblueaga.com/2013/03/sourdough-starter.html

Which in theory sounds very simple.  So this evening when I get home I am going to make the "starter" and see how I get on and I might be able to get a batch of bread done for the weekend.  I needed a simple recipe that would not confuse me and this one sounds solid but proof of the pudding is in the eating.

I have been inspired however to have a go at making sourdough by my friend Richard (Moontide) at Going my Own Way  http://goingmyownway-moontide.blogspot.co.uk/and Well Bread. http://brixhambread.blogspot.co.uk/ His enthusiasm for Sourdough and bread  really has got me hooked. "Excuse the Pun".

Have any of you made Sourdough before and how did you get on.

Catch you later on

Have a good day

Pattypan

xx

Comments

  1. Hope you have better luck than me Trishia. I've had three attempts and failed abysmally, though my neighbour makes the most fabulous sour dough bread!(I followed the same Hugh Fearnly-Whittingstall recipe as he does.)
    Rose H
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sorry, I must have missed this post at the time, I hope your Sourdough is now going well, I spent a year trying to get a starter to live longer than a couple of weeks, but it's all been worth it now. If you need any information about sourdough and can't find it anywhere else, please post on my blog. And don't worry, I bet I've asked all the questions you think you should know the answer to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something went wrong with the starter - I am going to have another go - I am not one to give in easily you know - will give it one more bash and then if that goes wrong I will come and pick your brains.

    Take care and lovely to see you on here

    Pattypan

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts