Time and Chicken Stew

Things have been a bit hectic round here over the weekend.  I promised to come back on Saturday evening but real life got in the way and I was busy pottering organising some things that needed sorting after coming back from my mums and as a result did not get an opportunity to pop back.  Yesterday was very similar and before the blink of an eye you just do not know where the time has gone.

We had a lovely roast chicken dinner yesterday with potatoes, carrots, Kale, broccoli, peas and cauliflower and it very nicely hit the spot.  There was roughly half a chicken left so I set too and started off a  frugal chicken stew last night in readiness for tonight's tea in the slow cooker. I tend to a bit organic with stew recipesadding a few peas, carrots, cauliflower, kale, some pasta strands to the shredded down chicken and some potato to thicken up the stew.  All I have to do this evening is cook some potatoes when I get in, enough for tonight and to do a Cottage Pie, with a lovely deep cheese crust and that is tomorrow's night tea sorted.  If there is any of the stew left I will probably liquidise it and thin it down with some stock to make a soup starter for tomorrow nights tea as well.   All in the spirit of waste not want not.  Cannot waste anything especially veggies as they are totally good for you.

You can tell the weather has turned a little chillier his higness Demetri instead of wailing to go out had a lay in - when they do not want to go out you know the temperature is getting nippier.

Hopefully will be able to pop back later on.  Hope everyone has a good day.

Catch you later

Anyway I have to dash work beckons

Comments

Popular Posts