Followers

Friday, 8 November 2013

Christmas Hoarding Part 6

As many of you know I like to make things from scratch rather than buying them pre-bought and in order to do this sometimes you have to purchase useful equipment, moulds, cake tins etc to enable you to do this.  However I am a tad tight and I do not believe in paying through the nose for things.  One of the ways I do this is that I check out the pound shops on the off chance that they may actually have something useful and today I struck lucky.  I popped into two pound shops today. In the first one I spent precisely £10.

I came away with:

Two Silicone Christmas Tree mould for chocolate, ice cubes or cookie mix. The mould can be used in the fridge/freezer or in the cooker. £2.


Two Packs of Silicone moulds one a snowman the other a christmas tree one in each pack and by buying two packs I have two of each.  Again can be used in the fridge/freezer or the oven £2.


Two Packs of metal cookie cutters one pack consisting of 5 cutters including an Angel, star. bell, Christmas Tree, and Boot. £1


The second one consisting of four cutters including a gingerbread man, Christmas Tree. poinsettia flower and candy cane. £1


Two packs of cake sprinkles £1 each  £2

A pack of 6 Christmas Reindeer Decorations in a red glitter £1

And finally a pack of plastic teaspoons which I intend to dip in chocolate and then serve with fresh brewed chocolate or coffee. They cost a fortune to buy but they are relatively easy to prepare yourself. £1

So you can do things cheaply with a little careful window shopping and planning and it will give me some playing time to let the inner child free.

Catch up soon.

Pattypan

xx

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you got some real bargains there Trish. We have a Poundland in town too, so I must go and check out the moulds for Christmas cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB

      I've been doing a reccy on the pound shops for a while - last year I obtained individual chocolate moulds and cup cake carriers and cake carriers. The main one I used regularly has sweeties and chocolates in as well as Cadburys fingers and other nice things like Viscount Mint Biscuits, Doritos, salsa dips, crisps, old fashioned sweets etc.I noticed when I popped into day that they do little porcelain dishes (meant for individual servings of say lasagne or shepherds pie etc which I think will be idea for storing home made pate in the freezer in. There can be a lot of tosh but the trick is to just buy the things that suit your household and budget. I bought some crisps recently which I thought would be more than okay but neither OH or I really liked them so we will not be buying them again and thats the rule I usually implement. Try it and if okay buy again but otherwise leave it out to the basket. I only usually buy my foil and bits and bobs from the pound shop . That way it gives you more money to spend on things that really matter.

      Take care

      Pattypan

      x

      Delete

Thank you for popping by. I love to receive comments and to make new friends so please say Hi. Pattypan

Meet the Moggies

  • Merlin (approx 18 months)
  • Squeak (approx 2 years)
  • Poppy (approx 16 years)
  • Tyson (approx 17 years)
  • Tinky (official name Clover approx 18 years)