Sandie of Sandie's patch

Sandie welcome to my blog I am ever so sorry about this I read your comment and was about to respond to you but the gremlins have got into the works and accidentally deleted your message. For the sake of completeness would you mind re-posting it?   However I did see the bit about the recipe for Beetroot and Apple Chutney

Here is the recipe.

Ingredients

4lb beetroot cooked skinned and diced
2lb cooking apples peeled cored and diced
1lb onions peeled and chopped
Grated rind and juice of 2 large lemons
2 tablespoons grated root ginger or 2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon of ground pepper
1 3/4 pints of vinegar
1lb sugar


Put all the ingredients into a large maslin pan or large stock pot stirring the contents over a low heat until the sugar dissolves.  Bring up to a rolling boil and then reduce the heat and simmer until the chutney is thick and leaves a trail when you draw a spoon through the mixture.  Spoon into hot sterilised jars and seal with airtight vinegar proof covers.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. LOL! I can't remember now what my comment was apart from the recipe!
    The Gremlins are in the works today, took ages to get my blog reading list up!
    Thanks for the recipe and visit to my blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this recipe - I have never made Beetroot chutney, but love beetroot. I have to say that Sandie is a LOVELY person, and lives just a few miles from me - always so generous and thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts