A Glut of Lemons





Not everyone goes a bundle on Lemons but I actually love their refreshing tang they are so useful in the family home from making lemon curd, lemon marmalade, lemon jelly, to turning the shells with vinegar into a fresh disinfectant for the home.  There is more to a lemon than meets the eye.

I have a glut of lemons at the moment bought fairly cheaply and so I thought I would turn them into Lemon Cordial and Lemon Vodka. I have a bottle of Vodka lurking in the cupboard. Both will be useful additions to the Putdown Larder/Pantry store.The first new additions this New Year. 

 I have further lemons for lemon curd which can be used in so many ways with baking and puddings, ice cream, on toast, with pastries, sorbets, in ice cubes and if there is any left I may make some Salted Lemons or preserved lemon peel.  We will see how things go but there is a wealth of choice as to what to prepare so I am going to rootle through my recipe books to see what I can come up with and then pop back later.

Catch you soon

Pattypan

xx

Comments

  1. I agree, lemons have lots of excellent properties. I always use the shells for cleaning the meat chopping board after it has been washed and scalded. I defy any germ to survive being lemoned! I made a big Lemon Meringue Pie at Christmas and had forgotten how good it tasted, so it's back on the menu for high days and holidays.

    A tblspn. of lemon juice, a tblspn. of vinegar and a cup of water mixed remove pesticides from fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi BB

    Thanks for the tip on the meat chopping board and the fruit pesticide remover. I love Lemon Meringue Pie its one of my favourites. Bet it was nice. Hope you are keeping well.
    Pattypan

    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts