Bit of a leak

We have had a bit of a problem here at home this evening in the stair well the ceiling sprung a leak and we were not sure where it has come from but the stair carpet is dripping wet so I traced it back to the old airing cupboard which is in my bedroom but overhangs the hallway. 

The old airing cupboard is now my walk in wardrobe.  It seems that the remnants of the original piping  (which was modified when the new boiler was put in) and specifically a valve had sprung a leak and it would appear to have been dripping for some time.  Result is leak is fixed but its left a mess and I have a load of extra washing to do as some of my clothes smell fusty  and the odd item has mould on.   

I have also lost over £300 worth of children's books that I had packed up in there (mostly children's classics). None of them could be salvaged  Bit of a b......... but it could have been a lot worse.  And I had had the books from new and they were in excellent condition before the leak.  These things are sent to try us.  My plans for the evening therefore went well and truly out of kilter. Including cooking my Mango chicken.  Will have to have that tomorrow. Never mind all sorted now.  All's well that ends well (apart fro the washing)!

Catch you soon.

Pattypan


x

Comments

Popular Posts