Left Handed Bread Cutter





I was quite industrious in the kitchen yesterday afternoon Sunday dinner was gorgeous, We had Pot Roasted lamb cooked on a bed of veggies which were used to make gravy, roasted sweet potato, red onion, parsnip and roasties, with cauliflower, broccoli, peas and carrots with plenty of home made gravy.  It was very tasty.  There is a scuttle full left so its up to his lordship if he would like that  for tea tonight or something with chicken.  He has a choice - I suspect he will go for leftovers so it will be something with chicken for tomorrow night's tea.

 I made French Onion Soup which is in the freezer and if anything is leftover from the leftovers it will be going into a family favourite of leftovers soup with a few additions here and there.  It would be scrilege to waste what is left of the gravy especially as a lot of effort goes into making it but it makes seriously good gravy and is a good way to use up older vegetables.

I also retrieved fro the freezer a pack of cinnamon swirls and a pack of pain au chocolat  and cooked them which went down well.  A nice sweet treat even if it is a bit of a cheat. You have to have some cheats every so often.

I also cooked a small piece of gammon for packup during the week - and then got another one out to cook tonight for the rest of the week as the original one was not as big as I had thought.

We were out of bread so I made a basic white loaf for OH for his packup and then made a pumpkin seed loaf for myself straight after that should last me a couple of days.  Both of the breads were kits from the Co-op which I decided to try just for quickness and I added  good knob of butter to each mix.  Both have come up superbly so ladies the Co-ops own bread kits were a success and the bread is lovely.  shall get a few in as standbys so OH can have a go at making bread if I am not around or for when I need a loaf in a hurry but I am working on some kits of my own at the moment as I think I can make them up cheaper.

However give him his due he commenced starting his packup this morning but he just cannot cut bread I had to rescue the loaf and take over the bread cutting as the loaf was starting to look like the Leaning Tower of Piza and he would not have had any sandwiches.  He has therefore been banned from slicing the loaf as he just quite frankly makes a mess.

I will have to make another plain loaf tonight when I get in and I might make some buns as well, will see how things go.


Photos are of the Pumpkin Seed Bread


Right upwards and onwards.

Catch you later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts