Mango Chicken

I am always looking for ideas for evening meals utilising ingredients I already have to hand either in the freezer or pantry staples that I have made from scratch and which are pantry staples such as Tomato sauce for pasta or soups/sauces or Apple Sauce/stewed apple etc..

I was browsing through Notes from the Jam Cupboard by Mary Tregellas when I spotted this recipe simply called Mango Chicken.  What I liked about this is that it is a simple recipe that does not use a bought in sauce but uses home made mango chutney and spices.  Honest cooking with honest ingredients and to boot I had made a lot of Mango chutney last summer and so far have not used very much.  I was therefore reconsidering whether or not to make any more  this year but if this recipe is as tasty as it looks then I will be making more Mango chutney simply to use in its own right and/or to make this dish.

Ingredients:

Serves 4

8 chicken thighs skin on
1 jar of Mango Chutney about 340g/12 oz
50g/1 3/4 oz fresh root ginger grated
3 tsps of cumin
1/2 tsp ground ginger
25g/1 oz butter

Preheat oven to 190 degrees C/375 degrees F place the chicken thighs in an ovenproof dish and spoon the mango chutney over them.  Sprinkle the spices on top and dot with butter.

Cook for one hour.  After about 30 minutes check to see if getting too brown and cover with foil if necesary.

Serve with couscous or rice. 

I have chicken thighs in the freezer so this will be one of the meals we will have during the week this week,

Catch you soon

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. How did it turn out? It sounds lovely, and I have that book, so may try that recipe myself next time Tam is home. (Keith wouldn't touch it!!)

    I hope you have shaken off that cold now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am having tomorrow night we have had the leftovers from yesterday for tea tonight but its Mango Chicken time tomorrow. Will let you know how it turns out.

    Pattypan

    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts