Welcome to 2015

Now that we are on the other side Happy New Year to everyone; we have a new page to write a new script to follow and lots of things to try out.  This year I hope to be more on the ball with things than I was last year.  That's the plan anyway.  I am not going to make any resolutions as if there is  a tie frame it usually ends up limiting me and I do not get as much done as anticipated.  I am too much of a free spirit and then I end up beating myself up for not getting things done we shall just see what we see.  There are a few things I would like to do this year one of which  is to lose a little more weight.Hopefully this year I will be allowed to learn to drive. That would be a really big thing for me to be independent and able to get around under my own steam it would be very liberating on a personal basis.

I have also decided to keep a sealed pot in an effort to put some savings up for next Christmas/towards the food shopping.  I thought that a little and often I would not miss as much and be able to save at least something without breaking into it. 

I also have a lot of sorting out to do to create some space; I have lots of fabrics and haberdashery bought for different projects and its high time they were sorted out and a plan formulated for getting items done.  So in these quieter months of the year I thought I would revisit the UFOs and get matters underway again and a few more projects completed.  Just before Christmas for instance I picked up quite a bit of fabric to make some cushion covers out of the fabric tones well with the colours I already have and I only spent about £6 for the lot. I also have fabric for a couple of throws and I also have to finish off the cream crotchet throw I started before Christmas and make its twin.  The material from the recycled shirts also needs cutting and stitching  to make quilts and I have some jean clippie rugs on the go - and I really need to get the items completed and out of the way with patchwork quilted throws and lots more where that came from.  So there is lots to keep me busy and in or out of mischief. Now I need to create the time in which to do them.

I will try and get as much done as I can  and try and be ahead of myself as after last February being unwell and it taking me more or less the rest of the year to get back on track its better to get done what I can today rather than leaving it until tomorrow. So I am going to concentrate on organising msyelf a little better than I have been which means looking at the household budget and other areas as well.  I need to meet this head on - it will tke a little doing but I need to own it rather than it own me.

We had home roasted chicken and home made chunky chips for tea lat night and there is quite a bit of chicken left so I think  chicken sarnie might go down very nicely.

Catch you later.

Pattypan xx
 

Right am off to potter and get some things done.

Comments

Popular Posts