Dried Mint

I use a lot for fresh mint as both other half and I enjoy a mild curry every so often with which we serve home made mint Raita which cools the taste buds down after the onslaught of the heat from the spices. However there is always mint left over which gets wasted which I absolutely hate at the best of times.. Therefore jut recently  I have taken to drying the leaves.  I simply use a tea tray and man sized tissues starting with a layer of tissue I then strip the leaves off the stems and lay then flat on the tissue.  Pop a layer of tissue on top and carry on in this fashion and leave to dry.  After a week the leaves should be dry but  still retain their mint smell at which point I decant into jars.




I have been using it to make mint tea.  Will carry on doing this a it comes up very well.
Catch you soon Pattypan
x

Comments

Popular Posts