Making use of ..... Spring Onions

How often do you go by the reduced section in a supermarket cast your eyes over what's in there and there are the remnants of some spring onions - not very inspiring or is it. If I take them, what am I going to do with them once I get them home?

 I tend to grab them as in my kitchen they are extremely useful. You can use Spring Onions wherever you use onion and you can blend a couple of different types of onion to really get a full flavour  Its a green vegetable full of flavour quite frequently used in salads or as an accompaniment to Peking Duck.  Yesterday I found a load of spring onions reduced so I brought them home and then went to Farm Foods yesterday and got 3 bags of Peking Duck with Hoisin Sauce and pancakes for £10.  So that is what we had for tea on Sunday together with cucumber sticks.  Yummy it was too.

You can make  relish, use them in a soup, pop them into Coleslaw, in Champ, in dips, just substitute them instead of using ordinary onions. Pop them into quiche

But don't leave them lonely on the shelf you can do so much with them with a little imagination.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts