The Rest of the Day Catch Up

Nothing much has has happened for the rest of the day apart that from in the first instance I was watching the TV - the next thing I knew I was out for the count;  three hours later!  Probably due to the fact that it was cold outside lovely and warm inside I think I got a little too snug!  Never mind.  As a result I was late to the shops and the veg shop had closed.  But I nipped to the Co-Op and managed to snap some bargains up, a couple of bread loaves white and brown for about 60p, four nets of peelers at 55pence per net, two bags of new potatoes 35p per bag, a bag of everyday potatoes for 30pence, two trays of sausages 8 per pack 51 pence per pack 2 packs French beans at 33p per pack 3 packs of onion bhajis for 50p per tray so I have not done too badly.  I always try and take advantage of reductions where I can as it saves on the housekeeping and what I cannot use there and then goes into the freezer for another day.

Because it was so cold I decided to cook something nice and warm for tea was in need of comfort food as I was cold on the inside if you know what I mean.  Being as I had got the sausages at a bargain price and I did not want a lot of messing on the cooking front I cooked the two packs of sausages with golden friend onions with stock to make an onion gravy and then mashed potatoes so we ended up having a very cheap supper which cost about £1.60 in all; there was really enough to feed four but OH ended up having seconds as well.  



Needless to say it went down very nicely.

I am now shattered very sleepy again so may try and get an early night tonight.

Take care everyone

Pattypan

xx

Comments

Popular Posts