October Already and Pumpkins

Where has this year gone?  So much has happened.  So much has changed. And we are well into autumn the different colours of the leaves on the trees giving a fantastic display.  Even my Holly tree in the front garden has lots of berries on it.  Country law indicating that if there are a lot of berries then it is likely to be a bad/cold winter nature providing food for the birds to get by with.  I must say these past few mornings have been a lot chillier there has certainly been a dip in temperature.

October to me heralds the arrival of pumpkins and squashes both of which I use prolifically.  We love roasted squash or pumpkin here and I always pop some into the freezers so that we can get our pumpkin fix with our roast dinner.  I also make a breakfast marmalade with pumpkin that is delicious too.  Me and my food eh!

I popped round to the Co-op last night and they had a delivery of pumpkins two for £3.  So I may well pop round tonight and snaffle a couple. They keep quite a while in a cold place.

We are very fond of our veggies here.

Right upwards and onwards.

Catch you later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts