We are in Spring

And the call of the craft fairy is getting more and more persistent and I am getting more and more frustrated. 


There has been a hiccup on the fishing front.  The Lake where OH goes fishing has been taken over by a private syndicate and at the moment it looks as though he has lost that particular lake.  He is a bit miffed about it as less than two months to be told that the lake is being taken over and no more is a bit of a bummer to say the least and hardly gives you anytime to find an alternative let alone gives me any time for crafting on my own.  Oh well these things are sent to try us.  Things will sort themselves out no doubt.

Anyway I was browsing Pinterest and I came across this little make from the site Rachael Elizabeth creates.  A silk flower creation where you do not have to spend an arm and a leg.  Very pretty.  I have the wreath base already as I tend to keep a couple of these in. 

I would like to make something similar to this for my bedroom.  Now I have to source the flowers and that may take a little doing just because I am itching to start it.

I would also quite like to do one for the front room as well but on a willow wreath base.  I managed to get a small one at the charity shop the other day for 50p.  I also fancy doing a couple of silk flower/dried flower baskets.  Does anyone know of a silk/dried flower mail order suppliers whose prices are reasonable or someone they have used that they would recommend.

The link to the wreath is here and I think it is terribly pretty.  Quite like the idea of doing one for the dining room as well.  Will have to see.


Comments

  1. What a beautiful wreath. A friend of mine bought good silk flowers very reasonably on Ebay, but they were from a Chinese company. She had no problems, but I couldn't say which company it was. Worth checking and seeing what feedback the various ones have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it as soon as I saw it. Good idea about Ebay will check it out thank you for that. I must say that I have been very naughty with the green glass just recently. Have picked up some lovely pieces will pop up a post soon - very taken with it overall and once I get the collecting bug I do occasionally need reining in but have managed to buy part sets of some things to build the numbers up. So if you get any green glass items in the unit give me a yell could be interested. Take care. Pattypanxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts