Kitchen Notes - Tuesday 16 August 2016


I need to finish off last night's batch of beetroot in vinegar to give a regular supply during the winter months.  I tend to do it a couple of different ways in vinegar the same as but some is in small balls and wedges and other in slices.   I still have more beetroot to process but will make a beetroot chutney to ring the changes.

I will get the Apricot chutney on the way as well as the Apricot jam and then I have bottled Apricots to deal with.  I will do in a simple syrup for some of them and in amaretto for some of the others.  Things are starting to build up very nicely - slowly but nicely and hopefully I am going to end up with a nice variety of different preserves for use during the winter months.

I will also check to see that there are some cherries on the market again for tomorrow if I can as well.  Cherries in all their different formats are welcomed here.

I also want to make some Cherry Brandy for those dark winters nights but that depends on whether I get the cherries or not.

So I think that is more than enough to be getting on with tomorrow. 

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts