Followers

Monday, 10 July 2017

A little treat from a Pawnshop and from a Charity shop

On my way into town at dinner I have to go past an olde-worlde pawn shop (although it has not been there that long) that normally has an awful lot of jewellery in the window I often stop and look but thus far although beautiful jewellery it has been well out of my price bracket.  That is until the other day when I spotted some lovely cameo jewellery.  I may well go back for one of the other brooches if still there in due course as they were very individual and a little larger in size.

Anyway here is the brooch I bought.



It is engraved with roses on the collar as well as a safety chain and probably more of an old fashioned piece compared to what a lot of younger people want today but I think it is lovely as I do prefer more traditional jewellery.   I think this piece has been loved but it is in excellent condition. It will go with other cameo jewellery some of which was bought new and some which I inherited.  Jewellery has always been a particular favourite of mine particularly traditional style and I hope to add the odd piece of antique jewellery from now on in to my jewellery box.  I have always been very fond of cameos.  My Nan had a couple of Cameo brooches that had come down the family but we don't know where they went to.  I first really came across Cameos when my favourite cousin got engaged and she went for a very simple cameo and gold ring for her engagement ring.  Very unusual and distinctive for the time and I have been very fond of them ever since.

The other pieces I have bought are silver hallmarked pin cushions.  I managed to get these from my local Charity shop at a very good price.  These will go with my small collection of needlework implements and ephemera.  I need to source a case in which to put them.  I first came across these tiny treasures at my friend Margaret's home; she has quite an extensive collection that she has built up over the years.  I think I have done well here plus the best side of these new items is that they are small and do not take up too much room.



So tiny in a medium sized box.  The little collection consists of a boot, a shoe, a bird and a shell.  All of them have a little tiny pad for pins or needles.

In closer detail:

The little bird




The hob nail boot




The shell 


And the fancy shoe


I don't think I did too badly apparently they all have the silver hallmark on them.

Am quite chuffed with these tiny little treasures.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely cameo brooch - very tasteful, and that one definitely had your name on it!

    You have some very unusual tiny pincushions there - I have NEVER seen any like those. Well done on your find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi BB - had a suspicion you would like them. The pin cushions are tiny and the Charity shop that I go to locally is manned by volunteers from a local Church. However one of the main volunteers is a gentleman who has been in the china and associated goods and furniture line for many years and he sources bargains and brings them into the shop. He gave me a very good deal on the pincushions and the charity still made a profit. I got the pincushions for £50 they should have been £80. The brooch was more expensive at £65 but in the end I got it for £60, So overall I was well chuffed as everyone benefited. Hope you are okay and that your daughter is as well. Just going to dish up tea. Catch you soon.

    Pattypanxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by. I love to receive comments and to make new friends so please say Hi. Pattypan

Meet the Moggies

  • Merlin (approx 18 months)
  • Squeak (approx 2 years)
  • Poppy (approx 16 years)
  • Tyson (approx 17 years)
  • Tinky (official name Clover approx 18 years)