After yesterdays mammoth gardening session I have found bits of my body I never knew existed. My hands are particularly sore with all the tugging and pulling out of brambles and weeds. All day I was out there.
Needless to say there has been a lot of ouch moments today everytime I have moved which has been quite a lot but there we are these things are sent to try us.
You can just see a glimpse of the jungle and the old fridge that is to be taken away. Yesterday you could not get down this side of the shed. The tomatoes are hiding behind the shed and at least they seem to be recovering.
This is it tidied and the herb troughs in place. There is thyme, Greek Basil, Genovese Basil, a standard Rosemary one of two The planters to the top left of the picture will not be staying here they will be going further down the garden in due course.
Since getting home this evening, we had planned to go to the tip and get rid of the rubbish but OH had managed to do this before picking me up so after some tea I have been able to get out into the garden again for another pulling up session and sorting out of rubbish. I aim to do some each night so that I am getting rid of the weeds and getting the new plants sorted. I am pleased to say that my tomato plants have recovered and I have four cucumbers. Three of them only littlies and this one which is still little in the greater scheme of things but I think it is a small version cucumber in any event. Do not know the variety unfortunately but reminds me of Petitia. It has little prickles on the outside skin. Its not the prettiest looking specimen but it is a cucumber and I have grown it.
My frog is okay he leaped up the garden as I was Watering up. I have given everything a good drench again.
It looks as though I may have found the hosepipe two long lengths of it. Just need to get the fittings sorted and a couple of attachments to help with the watering up and that should save the effort with the watering can. At least if I have the hose and I need to use the watering can for feeding etc. the watering can, can be filled up outside rather than at the kitchen sink.
The garden had got weedy and overgrown again but I have managed to clear quite a bit more tonight. Its the brambles that cause the most problem. I was wearing a pair of marigolds with a pair of leather working gloves (welding gloves) and I was still getting caught by the prickles Fortunately I had a long pair of loppers so cut the brambles into smaller bits. When I dig the garden I shall remove the offending roots from the brambles and other weeds.
OH has officially given me carte blanche to do what I will with what was in his shed. That's easy then to the dump it is to go. I can see that with the amounts of pots that are in good condition that I will be having a marathon cleaning up session later in the week once I have got more clearing done. That's the sort of job that can be done anytime but the clearing and weeding does take some time. I am determined to get it as clear as I can or at least the recreational area as I want to get the gazebo up and the barbecue and pizza oven in use. Hopefully I will get some slabs down too and then I am hoping to create a small veg patch at the end. The greenhouse needs some serious work but once I have the main section cleared I will then be able to tackle that. I am determined that my greenhouse is going to be back in use for next year.
Right had better get a wriggle on I have work in the morning and I need to get one or two things ready before collapsing in bed.
Catch you soon.