A little bit of domestic bliss

Things are quiet. OH not well and in bed his bad is back and when I went with him to take Missy for a walk we ended up doing an abbreviated route.  I have been in the kitchen cooking more beetroot which is now cooling and waiting to go into its vinegar and an Apple Chutney that I have not tried before but which is from the Darling Buds of May cookbook.  Perhaps it should be called Perfick Chutney.  Its a simple one and the quantities seem about right do not think it is going to take too long to thicken up.  It also ahs onion, cayenne, ginger,  dark brown sugar, mixed spice salt and malt vinegar.  I think it will make up for a lovely chutney to have with a bit of cheddar and my pickled onions which will get done one night during the week.  I am at my happiest when in my kitchen.  So that will be a few more jars for the pantry.  It looks as though I am going to be cooking all week.  

I am also hoping to get some of the plums turned into jam as well.  I love this time of year when it is all systems go on the preserving front.  There is nothing more satisfying than after all the hard work and effort having a cupboard full of useful preserves to get us through the winter months until next year when we do the same again.   Its a ritual, a soothing one when despite the hard work I feel at one with myself.

Right I have a hot date with the maslin pan.

Catch you later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts