Catch up and Planning

Good evening everyone,

I have noticed of late that Tuesday night seems to be a quieter night on the blogging front by way of posts.  Perhaps it is everyone's night off.

In any event we did not have the roast pork on Sunday night as I was off colour again; I found out why early on Monday morning about 4:00am when I was violently ill for over an hour - my hiatus/acid problem playing up so I ended up  tucked under a quilt and a blanket as I had gone very cold and then crashing out completely after that  I did not see much of Monday as a result and have only just been able to tolerate a cooked meal.  We have had the roast pork tonight, with baby courgettes, roast potatoes, shredded runner beans (I found my old style bean shredder), shredded cabbage, carrots and peas with gravy and it went down very nicely.  I did not overfill my plate but what I have had I have enjoyed and I think OH has too.

I have also noticed that the nights are drawing in pretty quickly usually about 6:45pm it is starting to get dark; it seems to have hit us very suddenly again and the clocks go back on Sunday 29 October 2017 - not long to go and then we will be well and truly back in the dark at night.  I always remember which way the clocks go by the phrase

"Spring forward - Autumn back".

I am on holiday and have a lot to do next week.  Hopefully I will get time to play a little bit with my sewing machines (the embroidery machine was delivered to work and I have yet to recover this - will probably be Thursday) but I have an awful lot to do in the house.  I also need to do some decorating in the house but that will not be next week.  The dining room in particular needs sorting out as it is the through room and is the room that gets the most wear and tear. I do not use the front door into the lounge as I did not want the lounge carpet messing up.  We do need new laminate in the dining room as well. Its been down over 20 years so needs replacing. I want OH to teach me how to wallpaper - he usually does this but I need to know how to do this in my own right.  I still after next week have about three weeks holiday to use up. 

I would very much like to go to the Christmas Market in Lincoln this year.  Will have to talk to my cousin to see if she is interested in having company.  In the past we have gone to hers and shared a meal and then walked into Lincoln and explored the market and the stalls through the street. Hot Chestnuts on a cold night, Gluhwein you have to stop for a glass or two of this, hot dogs, bratwurst, lots and lots of goodies.  The atmosphere has been fantastic.  You do need to wrap up warmly though as it does get very cold; but it is an invigorating kind of cold and  make sure you have a sturdy pair of shoes a nice flat walking pair as there is a lot of walking to do.

Never been to Lincoln Market it is well worth the effort.  However if you are going to stay try and book your accommodation as soon as you can things do get a bit hectic with the traffic as well.

For more information go to:




Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x



Comments

  1. I hope that you are better now, I had a similar day on Sunday. Have fun with your embroidery machine. I went to the market in Lincoln one year and found it really good but very tiring. Enjoy. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, much more comfy now but still off my food a little but that's no bad thing. I am really looking forward to having a go with the embroidery machine that is a bit of a dream come true for me as I never thought I would be in the position to have one. I am hoping to play a bit next week when I am off. Lincoln is my home town and a lot of my family live there (quite an extended and lovely one). We had a period of about 8 years where we went religiously every year but it is a few years since we have been so I am hoping my cousin is able to oblige. I say cousin, our mum's were sisters and they were close but our relationship is more like sisters as we stick up for each other through thick and thin. You have to have things to look forward to; plus they are really good company. Hope you are feeling better too. Pattypanxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts