I am a Cider Drinker

I have invested in a fruit press for having a go at making my own cider.  We both like cider here and I also like Perry for those of you who do not know this is the pear version of cider.  My Nan and my Mum used to make both when I was growing up.  So another real blast from the past as it were.  I also have the option now of preparing apple juice.

I have relatively good access to apples and pears at the veg shop which are sold off cheaply on a regular basis so it seemed only sensible to make use of this regular supply of apples and pears. You get about 1kg for £1. 

We all have to have something to eat but we also need something to drink. I thought that this might fit in very well with our way of life.  I am a cider drinker but I am not sure whether I am a cider maker that will be revealed in due course but in for a penny and in for a pound I am going to have a go.  Now what is she getting herself into.  



The press I have found is a brand new Vigo press a 12 Litre one off Ebay, which I am pretty pleased about.  In the past I have bought a bottle steriliser/pasteuriser processor/fruit extractor ( from them and have been pretty pleased with it.  The press will also be very useful for making apple juice as well.  So I am pretty chuffed all round.  Things are starting to come together and I am very lucky.

So lots of things to play with and keep me out of mischief or get me into it in the greater scheme of things.  I certainly am not going to be bored, but there are other things I need to do with the general running of the house as well rather than my cooking and my crafting on all levels.  Sometimes you just have to get down to the nitty gritty and do it - not that I am enthralled at that, but needs must.

Catch you later on.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts