Its been a bit of a busy day

Not how I had planned it by a long chalk.  In any event I ended up going into town for some bits that I could not get locally.  I did not get them all but I am back in town tomorrow for a little while so hopefully will get the missing bits tomorrow.




I think Christmas was waiting for me at the John Lewis store in the Queensgate shopping centre.  As I went in on the ground floor I was  met by all the Christmas trees up, men on vertical lifts adding the Christmas lights to the ceiling, the shelving and baskets all decked up to the nines with some lovely stuff but it was not finished.  I shall have another peek tomorrow and if I remember will try and take a photo.  It looked lovely in any event. 


I also went round the Tiger shop and they have one or two nice bits in, including some glass candle bowls/lanterns in three different sizes and slightly different shapes in green, red and purple blue.  They really looked good at £2 per lantern.   So some of those might make their way into my basket also.


I also need to get some Christmas pudding bowls tomorrow for the puddings which are to be made this weekend.  I got side-tracked last weekend from making the puddings and the cakes.  Both lots of fruit are in the soak as we speak.  So that will be another good job done with once all sorted and I can forget about the puddings but the cake will have to be fed.  I will pop up a separate post on this.

I also have a lot of decanting to do in respect of the different flavoured vodkas.  I have also got a bramble liqueur (using brandy) on the go as well as a gin and apple liqueur type drink.  I bought apples today to make apple pop.  I also have some for drying for Christmas decorations and for eating with my granola or home made muesli.

A few weeks ago I bought an enamel Cake serving platter/carrier from Wilkinsons.  I went in there again today and came out with another one; I will need this for when we take the Christmas cake to my brother and it will be safer in the carrier than it will be on my lap plus it will come in useful in my pantry.  I also managed to get some little tiny jars for the harissa paste and some larger ones for some more chutney.  I also bought some 2lb loaf tins for making bread.  I have 1lb ones thus far oh and a pair of nutcrackers - don't no where mine are but it will be easier to open the Filberts with rather than me biting on them to split the nut which might not do my teeth any good.

I have some more chillies to thread up tonight as well as some other bits and bobs so am likely to be missing.  If I can get back I will but I do have an awfull lot of stuff to do and as usual so little time to do it.

Catch up with everyone later.  Take care wherever you may be.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts