Its a Holi Holiday Hurrah

As in the words from the song by Boney M!  Now I am showing my age.

Phew I am now on holiday for the week.  I intend to do nothing this evening apart from flop for a change.  OH has gone fishing so am on my todd.  It is more or less dark here.  I want to do some more research on a couple of things but apart from that I do not intend to do much.  I will have a busy day tomorrow so I think I have earned the chill out time.  Its nice just to potter and do one's own thing.

I have had a few more Kilner jars and Mason jars arrive. I buy these periodically off of Ebay or Amazon.  If you are careful you can pick them up a lot cheaper this way including the carriage charges.   On average in the shops the standard Kilner jar costs £3 apiece with the larger jars going from £3.50 or more for a jar. The standard Kilner jar screw lids and seals will fit Mason jars of the same size which is very handy.  I am stocking up in preparation for using the canner which I have not tried yet.  I need the kitchen sorted before I start dabbling with that so that I can get to things easily; that is one of the aims of this holiday try and get a lot of practical stuff out of the way with, get organised and also get to play with my new machines and possibly the canner.  That's the hope anyway.  You don't get chance to stand still very often here.  I am also realistic to know that I won't get everything done but a large percentage can and should be achieved.

I also have quite a few other bottles and bits and bobs that are to be stored in the shed so I need to get that sorted out as well.  I need to make some room in the freezer so I hope to be doing a lot more cooking from scratch again so that I can restock the freezers in readiness for Christmas.

Today I have also stocked up on some tinned fruit, some tins of strawberries and also some pineapple rings.  We use the pineapple rings when we have gammon steaks but also in stir fries and things like that, so technically they are for the Christmas store but will more than possibly be used before then.  It all tops the pantry up anyway.

Right off to do my research.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x



Comments

Popular Posts